Friday, September 25, 2009

Officially Unemployed!

This will be a short (yet personally satisfying) post...I simply want to declare to the blogisphere (and to all the great people out there who listened to be bitch about my crappy job for more time than I'd like to admit) that I am now OFFICIALLY unemployed! When 5 pm rolled along, I could hardly contain my excitement, and 5:31 never looked so sweet! My coworkers, who I must say are very awesome, did give me a great send off on Wednesday; consisting of a company sponsored happy hour. Naturally, I am always very appreciative of free booze, but I have to admit that I'm fairly certain, no, entirely, 100% certain, that the moment I walked out the door was the happiest moment in my professional life! I realize that soon the bank account will run dry, and the consequences of my actions will become perfectly clear, but, at this moment, unemployment feels splendid! How will I celebrate? Ice cream for dinner and booze for dessert! Oh happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment