Thursday, April 22, 2010

Karmic Yogurt - Shadyside

As a kid, ice cream was always my absolute favorite snack. The instant my cousin and I would walk in the door after school, we would immediately load up on a giant bowl of cookies and cream and race to the TV in an attempt catch the 4PM Ricki Lake Show. (Third grade was a tough year, okay!) Now of course this was a little before the featured stories on childhood obesity, so let's fast forward about 15 years.

Karmic Yogurt is my newest Pittsburgh obsession. After our kickboxing classes, my cousin and I now head over to Filbert Street in Shadyside for our delectably healthy reward. If you've been to places like Mr. Yogato in DC, it's the same concept. Each cup of yogurt is about 90 calories, and it's full of all the good, healthy stuff that 3rd grade Tara would have hated, like probiotics and riboflaven. It's even kosher and gluten free, too! You can get the yogurt in a few different favors: either the creamy or tart Karmic flavor (which is pretty much just frozen, plain yogurt), Pom (pomegranate), or Matcha (green tea). I typically get the tart yogurt with lychee and mango, but there are lots of yummy topping options - even unhealthy ones. I must say though that I can give full credit to Karmic Yogurt for single-handedly creating my new obsession with lychee. So if you ever find yourself in Shadyside try out Karmic Yogurt....because it is scrumptious and delicious and tastes nothing like chicken!

(I hear rumors of one opening in Squirrel Hill, too - reports to come)
Click here for more information about the health benefits of Karmic Yogurt.

2 comments:

  1. hahahahahahaha i totally forgot about our deep love of ricky lake! thank god you reminded me. and moved home. what would i do here without you??

    ReplyDelete