Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Playoff Beard - Day 7

So this playoff beard thing is getting pretty rigorous. I knew it would be a difficult task, but I had no idea just how annoying it would be. I'm constantly getting food stuck on my face, and the other day I was drinking a beer and walked around with beer fuzz all over m'stash for at least half an hour. There are some benefits however. I was outside in the frigid cold for my cousin's wedding this past weekend, and I'm happy to report  that my playoff beard without a doubt helped to cut the the skin to wind ratio significantly. I now understand the various winter beard theories amongst my many male friends. I must say I’m really digging the shape of my beard though. It really accentuates my eyes and definitely contours my face…In some (all) light you can’t even tell it’s there!

And of course the most significant and important benefit of the playoffbeard is the 3-1 series lead that the Pittsburgh Penguins now hold over the Ottawa Senators (all due to my personal efforts).  I must admit that I was somewhat skeptical of the Pens playoff successes, but it seems that they have really picked up their game. I mean, let’s be honest, at this point Sidney Crosby could practically win the Cup on his own, but now we’ve got guys like Adams, Kuntiz, and Talbot back in the goal scoring mix. And hell, the Geno and Gonch duo is basically my favorite ever! (Mostly due to the fact that I’m Malkin’s self-declared best friend.)


I would be remiss if I didn’t congratulate Jordan Staal (because he obviously reads my blog). Along with the Red Wings’ Pavel Datsyuk and the Canucks’ Ryan Kesler, Staal was nominated for the Selke Award, which is given to the best defensive forward in the league. My bet’s on Kesler, but a great honor for Staal nonetheless.

Don't forget to visit the NHL Beard-A-Thon website. I’ve just learned that all Washington Capital proceeds are benefiting the Alexander Ovechkin 2020 Presidential Bid...Sarah Palin is anticipated to make a well asserted claim that she is indeed Ovi’s hockey mom - a statement that will be supported by her ability to see Russia from her house. 


(For more on my playoff beard efforts see previous posting My Playoff Beard Starts Today!)

No comments:

Post a Comment