Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pens NHL Playoffs - Round 2

I could never be a journalist for the one main reason: I am for the most part completely incapable of retaining an unbiased opinion. I can write at a 5-8th grade level, give the “whos, whats, wheres, whens and hows”, and could most likely even dig up a decent story or two, but when it comes to most subjects people care about, I am completely incapable of hiding my bias. Now, I’m sure that those of you who know me (even just a little) think you know exactly where I’m going with this point, but much to all of your surprise I’m not going to sit here and talk about the Capital’s first round choking act (though, my first draft of this blog post went on and on about it for at least a good couple hours). Since I’ve already done my “I said so”s on that matter (which…I did…say so), I’m just going to go ahead and talk about how excited I am for the Pens vs. Canadiens series.

Not only do I have a thing for good hockey, but I also have a thing for French Canadians, so, between the two teams, I might just lose my mind. Le Club de Hockey Canadien has one of the richest histories in hockey, and Rocket Richard is one of my all time favorite players, so I’m always eager for a first-rate Canadiens-Pens series. Do I think the Pens will win? Yes, but it’s not going to be easy by any means. If Jaroslav Halak continues to do his best Patrick Roy imitation and the Habs keep up their defense, then the Pens will certainly have their work cut out for them. The difference could just be in the Pens third line. As in…they have one. Jordan, it’s all riding on you! Pens in 6

On a side note: Congratulations to Sidney Crosby for being named one of the three Hart Trophy Finalists. Fittingly, Alex Ovechkin (Washington) and Henrik Sedin (Vancouver) were also both announced as finalists. The pessimist/realist in me says Ovi will probably win again...because the Caps don't exist without him, and disappearing in post-season and Olympics has no impact on the award. Sid's got great chances though! 

I’ll be at the game tomorrow night so look for me...I'll be the one wearing white. Allez les Penguins!!! Les Habitants, peut-être je vous encourageais hièr soir, mais je ne ferai pas la même demain...certainement pas! LET’S GO PENS! 

Don't forget to visit the NHL Beard-A-Thon website - lots of good foundations to donate to! 



1 comment: