Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My Playoff Beard Starts Today!


NHL Playoffs!

It’s once again my favorite time of the year in the Burgh…and no, it has nothing to do with yet another Ben Roethlisberger sexual assault accusation, despite the fact that Mr. Roethlisberger seems to be all anyone wants to talk about. By “favorite time of year” I of course mean the NHL Playoffs. Year after year I watch my guy friends grow their awe-inspiring playoff beards, and the best I’ve been able to do to show my team support has been strategic tequila shots and dirty, unwashed jerseys à la 2000 JV softball. (And I’m talking Wachovia Center dirty!!). So this year, to show my devotion to the Pittsburgh Penguins, I will be growing my very own playoff beard. Overcoming the double X chromosomes won’t be easy, but I think it can be done. In order to make for the optimal beard growing conditions I will be consulting my brother, Sean, beard grower extraordinaire, on effective beard growing techniques. Additionally, my inspiration will come from none other than Pittsburgh Superstar, Maxime Talbot.

In the spirit of the playoff beard, it wouldn't be right if I didn't remember to direct you all to the NHL Beard-A-Thon.

Visit: https://www.beardathon.com/penguins to make donations to the fundraiser - search for your favorite beard or look for a friend's profile. The Penguins' donations are going to the Mario Lemieux Foundation, but God forbid you're unfortunate enough not to be a Pens fan, look for your own team to make a donations to their chosen foundations. (Unless you're a Flyers fan - those donations go to the city jail.)

I hope to have to learn to sustain my beard for for the remainder of the Spring, but in order for that to happen, the Pens have really got to take it up a notch. Regardless, the Western Conference will win the Cup. Just sayin'...


LET'S

GO

PENS!


LET'S GO PENS!



2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS POST!
    Jake says girls should grow playoff leg hair or ... i'm gonna sub arm pit hair for the naughty place he suggested. BUT I'm totally behind the beard idea! GOOOO TARA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my friend today was talking about a girl she knows who is growing her leg hair...that's gross...i'd rather have a beard

    ReplyDelete